Thursday, March 15, 2012

How bout some dots??

Mmmm. Dippin Dots. *cough* Anyways. I've got a couple spotted manis for you today. First up is a combination that reminded me of mint chocolate chip icecream. Man I love icecream. I used OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? as the base. Beeeautiful formula. Smooth like buttah. This swatch is two coats, then a coat of Seche Vite on top. I used China Glaze Refresh-mint for the dots. Apparently I didn't give the dots enough time to dry, so you can see there was a little streaking. Still liked it though. Try to ignore all the bubbles and imperfections please :).





After all this dot poppin', I thought I'd do a bit of a palette cleanser. I've had Revlon Starry Pink as an untried forever and a day. I love that Revlon is stepping it up with their colors and glitters the last year. Yes... I suppose a lot of them are dupes of more expensive brands like Deborah Lippmann and Chane, but I'm fine with that so long as I have access to these fun shades! Starry Pink has been relabeled since it came out last year, it's now called "Popular". Weird rename, but whatever.

I wanted to give the polish a little more color, since Starry Pink is a little too washed out for me, so I did two coats of Starry Pink over two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac. And for funsies I added a layer of Orly Love Each Other, which was a total disappointment. I can't really see it, but maybe you can see it in the macro?

This layering bubbled like crazy, but it didn't really hurt the aesthetic too much. My favorite part of Starry Pink is the way it makes the silver glitter and hex glitter look almost more dull and white, which makes it such a pretty, soft, dainty look! Love :)




2 comments:

  1. Love your dot manicure! A deep brown with minty/turquoise contrasting colour is one of my favourite things. A little while ago I did a half moon manicure with Mermaid's Tears as a base and Get in the Expresso Lane over top. Love it. Oh, and I agree with you about Starry Pink's weird re-name. Kind of an odd choice. Still a lovely lacquer though!

    Nice blog! I'm glad I stumbled across it by chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of Brown polish, BUT I want to do the Mint Chocolate Chip dots sooo bad!! LOL! Thanks for the amazing idea :D

    ReplyDelete