Friday, March 2, 2012

A. Dragon and its gold, and NOTD Spam


I've been obsessed with these glitter accents at the base of the nail lately. It's a fun, blingy touch, without covering the entire base nail polish. I really wanted to wear a holo lately, so I went with an untried, A-England Dragon. It's an amazingly dense, one coater, mossy emerald green subtle holographic polish with an orange/gold flash. I almost wish this polish was less thick so the holo showed up better. Once I use a little bit of it up, I'm gonna thin it or add clear to see what happens. I wanted to bling Dragon up a bit, so I did a glitter half moon of Milani Gold Jems polish and a coat of Seche Vite topcoat. The gold reminded me of a dragon's gold horde. This is two coats of Dragon here:





And here's a similar manicure I did using an unnamed Icing miniature from a 4-pack and with Essie As Gold As It Gets accents.



And China Glaze Riveting! Another of my choices of the Hunger Games collection. A gooooorgeous orange polish that's not quite a jelly, but has a translucent finish and beautiful yellow/gold sparkle. I did three coats, but it was kind of lumpy, and still felt a little less than opaque. Could have used a little thinner, or waiting between coats. How awesome would this look under a coat of black crackle?


1 comment:

  1. OMG RIVETING. Drooooooooooooool. I love it on you! (Also, I was bad and bought Fast Track + Smoke and Mirrors today. BAD BAD BAD.)

    ReplyDelete