Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Mermaid's Gradient

Ahhh, this manicure feels so refreshing to me for some reason. Lately I've been trying to use all of my untrieds, but after awhile it feels more like a chore than it does a treat. I know I need to swatch all my new Wet n Wild Color Icons... but I wanted to give some love to some of my older stash. Since turquoise and gold are one of my favorite pairings, I decided to use my bottle of China Glaze For Audrey, and spice it up with some Essie As Gold As It Gets.

For Audrey has an awesome formula. Even after a year of not using it, it went on smooth and full coverage. It only needed two coats! It's core, so you can pick it up at Sally's or Ulta easily. I think everyone should have this polish in their collection because it makes an awesome spring pedicure, is awesome as a nail art base, and it's opaque enough to use as a stamping polish!

As Gold as It Gets is part of Essie's Luxe Effects collection, and is part of their core collection as well. This one is easy to find at even Walmart, Rite Aid, and most beauty supplies. The Luxe Effects collection is great because it brought the world an easy to find flakie in the same style as Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure!

My layering glitters for some reason I hoard and rarely use, so I did a gradient with Hard Candy Break Up. Break Up used to be easy to find, and available at Walmart, but was discontinued last year when Hard Candy cut their polish line in half (jerks). I love Break Up because it reminds me of the flakes in Hidden Treasure or China Glaze Luxe and Lush, but nice and uniform hexes with a little teensy weensy silver specks make it a less dominating layering polish.

This is two coats of For Audrey, with a gradient of As Gold as It Gets and Hard Candy Break Up. People at work told me it looked like mermaids.







This is probably a few too many pictures, but I'm in love with this mani!

4 comments:

  1. This is really cute, and it totally looks like a mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really looks gorgeous! From the small preview pictures, I thought this was an LA Splash polish (that I forget its name), but this is even shinier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! i'm so going to try to recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theres never enough pictures haha! I seriously want the hard candy glitter! dat stuff is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete