Thursday, April 26, 2012

L'oreal "Check Me Out!" + "Silver Sparkle"!




This polish is all kinds of sexy. L'oreal Check Me Out! is part of L'oreal's new extended line of nail polishes. They come in a cute little rectangular bottle, only .39 oz for 4.99 at Walmart, but the range of colors makes it totally worth it! Unfortunately the formula on this polish wasn't my favorite. It seemed to be pretty well pigmented, but kept getting bald spots on the second coat. I ended up having to do FOUR coats to get this sucker even. But check out the gorgeous blue hidden shimmer!  That makes up for the formula issues.

But of course, you know me, I had to spice it up! I found this gorgeous new collection by LA Girl called "Fruity" at Rite Aid, it was full of beauteous glass-flecked awesomeness in a range of different scents. To layer over Check Me Out! I used Fruity - Strawberry Delight: a sheer pinky coral jelly base with pink, orange, magenta and yellow glassflecks. Some of the flecks are almost big enough to be considered flakes. And the scent is nice and light and not too overpowering. These are $2.99 at Rite Aid. 





And here's a bonus, L'oreal Silver Sparkle. I really wanted to love this, I really dead. It's awesome in theory: sheer silver shimmer base with iridescent glitter with a hint of gold. Unfortunately it was so damned sheer that after two coats I had to scrap it on its own and layer it. But here is a pic of the two coats over two coats of OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam!:






And look at this craptastic brush! I had to trim it to make it less like an  oar. Poop! Luckily CVS had a $2.00 coupon sitting right by the display... meh!


And if you made it this far... here's the picture of the two coats alone with my stained nails, AHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment