Thursday, April 12, 2012

Layering for a Lady

Today is one of my best friend's birthday! She is my lady, and I did a ladylike mani in her honor today. This was the sparkliest girliest look I could think of. I strooongly suggest you magnify these pictures because I found glitters in the close ups that I had no idea were there. After the pics I'll tell you what I used!





Woo! Sparkly! I used three coats of an unnamed miniature Color Club polish. It was a little thick and streaky, but it's the perfect pale pink nude creme for me. I layered a coat of Milani She's So Glitzy on top of that. This Milani is basically just a sheer pinkish offwhite with multi colored pastel glassflecks. Very dainty. Then I used a polish that I scored in a two pack from ... either Big Lots or Dollar Tree: Cover Girl 3n1 Sparklers. This polish is FASCINATING. It has little gold hexes, medium silver hexes, and I didn't even notice until I saw the closeup that it had mini gold bar glitter! NEAT! Too bad in my excitement I knocked over the bottle and spilled a quarter of it. Poop. Anyways, the big gold glitter is from Milani Jewel FX  Gold. Finished it up with Seche Vite and of course this mani bubbled like ridiculously bad, but it actually added to the dainty girliness of this mani, so I don't give a ****.

And my lady loved it so it was a winner!

3 comments: