Saturday, June 23, 2012

Orly Synchro multichrome from Fall 2012 Electronica collection

Holy multichrome, Batman! This color is cuh-razy! In the bottle it's a molten fire-y rosey gold blue purple glass box of emotion. Totally gorgeous in the bottle. On the nail it was a pain in the ass. But still gorgeous. I spent at least an hour last night trying to decide whether to wear it on its own today or over black. When I laid it over black, it was too streaky to wear at one coat, but at two, it kept the blue shimmer from being as prevalent. When the polish is more opaquely layered, I feel like the blue shimmer ends up clashing a bit (and greying out) the color shifting frosty-goodness underneath.

The base of this polish is a super sheer reddish rose pink that I wasn't really a fan of because it just wouldn't get opaque at a reasonable amount of coats. But all the multichrome made it worth it! So much beauty, totally unexpected! It reminds me of the classic Sally Hansen Nail Prisms multichromes. It's like SH Garnet Lapis with a different color base. 

This is four dang coats over two coats of nude polish underwear. This polish bubbled and dented forever, and I almost gave up and changed my mani... and then I added french tips in Finger Paints Black Expressionism!

 
And here I swatched it over black (no topcoat), 2 coats, 1 coat, 2 coats, 1 coat.





I know! So many pictures! But I was chasing that gold edge of color that I just baaarely caughty in the 2nd to last picture, but you can see it in the bottle! What do you think? Are you going to pick up any Orlys from this collection? Are you willing to deal with Synchro's mess of a formula to get this sweet multichrome effect?

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the duochrome, and I love the black tips you did with this.

    ReplyDelete