Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cult Nails Captivated

Finally! I've been lemming this polish foreeever. I've gone through all kinds of ordeals tracking down supposed dupes... but now I've got the real deal!

Captivated is a sparkly orange masterpiece. This polish has a sheer orangey coral jelly base chock full of orange and gold twinkly glitters varying from micro to small sizes. It reminds me of gold bullion for some reason. Little treasure coins suspended in lava. I love it! I swear I see some little melted glitters in there... but no one else can see them apparently. Haha!

The formula on this sucker is unfortunate though. It's thick and goopy and chunky. Noooot an easy application here. But I was surprised that I was happy enough with the coverage at two coats. The amount of glittery sparkly goodness gives a pretty good opacity to Captivated. But even with a coat of Gelous and another of Seche Vite, it was still bumpy and a little dull. But with two more coats of topcoat it became shiny and gawgeous! Overall on the nail it is a fire-y coral glitter bomb that just begs to be noticed! I got quite a few compliments on this mani at work. I will totally add this to my glitter rotation!





I'd say the first three are most color accurate, but I like the last one because you can see all the sparkles! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment