Thursday, June 14, 2012

China Glaze Orange You Hot? and a franken

After my love connection with China Glaze Pink Plumeria I wanted to love Orange You Hot?, the neon cheetoh orange from the Summer 2012 collection. However... it didn't really live up to my expectations. The formula was super thick, and the color is a little on the frosty side. It's also a pain in the ass to photo, all my pics came out really yellow. In the bottle, this polish looks really pretty, bright light orange with pinky orange shimmer. On the nail however, the pink tint gets lost and just goes frosty. Here is four coats of cheetoh-y-ness.



And because I couldn't stand to wear this on its own, I added a frankened holo topcoat. I've noticed that if I use a clear holographic topcoat, it tends to wash out the color underneath. So I've decided I'm gonna create a tinted holo topcoat in all the colors of the rainbow, first up is my orangey coral tint, which I shall dub my La Bamba topcoat.




No comments:

Post a Comment