Friday, May 11, 2012

Orange and Pink combos

It's that time again! It's gift time at my Lancome counter, so I've been trying to keep it festive with some colors inspired by the tote bag.

For this mani I used Nicole by OPI You're an Angel and Fresh Squeezed. I'd used YaA before, and it was a horror to apply. Thin and watery but the shimmer is just so darn gorgeous! I think I did six coats on its own last time, and it still wasn't opaque. This time I used nude colored polish "underwear" and layered three coats of each color on top. I just love the shimmer in these, they have little golden and pink flecks that get tinted by the base and look so summery!




Then today I created this monstrosity. Two coats of Kleancolor Metallic Mango (love), one coat of Seche Vite, one of China Glaze Broken Hearted, a couple silly flower glitters from Hobby Lobby, and tooooons of topcoat.




Kinda crazy but I like it!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought You're An Angel a couple of weeks ago because of looking so pretty in the bottle. Looks pretty cool over black...I swatched that next to Hard Candy Beetle and I thought it was actually very similar in looks under certain lighting.

    ReplyDelete