Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chanel Summer 2012

Hellooo. Due to the incredible slowness at work last night, I took it upon myself to swatch Chanel's three new nail polish colors for summer! 

Holiday makes me sooo happy. I got so many compliments when I wore it at work. It's just so rich and gorgeous, a true orange with coral/red tints. Sooo shiny and juicy. This first swatch is four coats, from when I wore it a couple weeks ago, tweaked to show the almost red tinge it has in some lights.


These next two are in Macy's light, three coats. So shiiiiny. 




Now up next is Island. Not my favorite. The beigey pearliness of it reminds me of tobacco stains, but I could see frost lovers liking this. I like the name Island because the polish does resemble the inside of a seashell. A dirty, brush-strokey seashell. First swatch is one coat, the next three coats, no topcoat.


And here is Delight, the one that is getting a lot of love from MUA. It's a bronzey gold foil that is pretty opaque in two coats. Smooth easy formula. Reminiscent of Orly Rage, but they are different, this being slightly more gold.


What do you think? Are any of these worth $26 to you? These should be available at all Chanel counters this spring. While you're at the Chanel counter, check out Distraction, a beautiful pinky coral with magenta flash. My pictures didn't turn out well at allll, so you need to see it in person!

1 comment:

  1. holiday and delight are GREAT! island on the other hand.. i'll definitely pass. lol

    ReplyDelete