Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Icing polishes!

On one hand, I love that Icing stores frequently come out with new colors, but I get so sad when I miss out on a limited polish and can't get it again. This time I hit it just at the right time! I grabbed two colors, one that reminds me of Butter London Disco Biscuit, and one that reminds me of China Glaze Rainstorm.

I Like the Night Life is sooo neat and complex. Medium bright blue base with a cool purple flash and small blue glitter throughout. I was afraid that this polish would dry lumpy, but it was perfect! A little thick, but I was so happy that one coat of topcoat smoothed it out and the shimmer wasn't too hidden! Shown here is about three coats.






And here is Lipstick and Lovers. This sucker was super frustrating for me because it wouldn't get opaque! This if four or five coats, and eventually I just gave up and said whatever. It's so bright that I figured nobody would care if there was visible nail line. Otherwise formula was okay, super pretty bright pink bordering on reddish pink with a pretty blue/violet shimmer with blue glassflecks. Reminded me of Disco Biscuit, which I've been hardcore lemming. Next time I'm going to try this over a white base to lighten it up and help with opacity.





You can buy these babies for $4.50 at Icing stores, and they always have a buy one get one 50% off deal. Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. When I clicked on this on my dashboard I saw I Like the Night Life and thought "It looks nice". Then I look at the bigger picture here and see all that glitter. That's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete