Sunday, November 20, 2011

Some gradient manis for fall

First up with have Kleancolor Golden Nightmare. I originally bought this polish because I am a fan of the anime Slayers, and on that show, one of the characters is called the Lord of Nightmares, and is also referred to as being golden.
 
The formula is a little bit thick, but it's pretty opaque so you only need two coats at the most. What bugged me were the larger specks of glitter that made the polish super bumpy and lumpy even after FOUR coats of Seche Vite. So to assuage my need to cover the bumps, I added a gradient of the golden Sally brand golden hex glitter and a no name Love & Beauty gold glitter.


Four coats of topcoat and YOU CAN STILL SEE THE BUMPS. AHHHH!

Next up we have today's mani SpaRitual Howl with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Hidden Treasure. Howl was a pleasure to work with, even though my bottle is a mini. Used two coats with no bubbles and no problems.  Then I painted the tips with HT, trying to do a hint of gradient, but focusing on the tips.




I love Howl's subtle shimmer. This is the perfect fall mani. Love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment