Thursday, July 26, 2012

Revlon Moon Candy Orbit

ARRRGGHHHH! So beautiful!


Say whhaaaa??? More easy to find drugstore flakie polishes??? That's right, Revlon has released a line of dual ended polishes, Moon Candy polishes, featuring a thick, shard-like flakie side in a sheer base, and a super pigmented dark polish on the other side. I only picked up one of these because I don't really dig the shard-like flakies, they're way harder to work with than regular flakies. However, I've been searching for a purple/blue flakie for forever, and HAD to have this. I even like how it turned out with the dark purple base it comes with!

I loved the formula on the dark purple polish this duo comes with. It's a smooooth pigmented deep grapey purple that could have been a one coater, but I used two for maximum evenness. Then I did a quick dry top coat and then used about two coats of the flakie side on top.

Orbit features purple, blue, and aqua/green colored shards. These flakes are way thicker and pointier than the flakes in polishes like Essie Shine of the Times, and are also way more sparse. To apply them I just sorta swirled the brush in the bottle like I would in any shapey type glitter, and it worked fine. I brushed on the first coat and then dabbed on the second coat to get better coverage of flakes. After letting it dry for a minute I just pressed down some of the pointy shards that were sticking up.

And then toooons of topcoat! I did two coats of Gelous, then one coat of Seche Vite. Unfortunately, it was still bumpy the next morning, so I added another coat of Gelous and another coat of Seche. The result made it as smooth as glass! And the intensity of the blues and purples in the flakes was just sooo gorgeous. I totally love this polish even if it is a pain in the butt to apply.




D@mn you's a sexy bi+ch!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous. I need to start an all out hunt to find these now! Thanks for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete