Friday, August 31, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge - Scrangie

Hellloooo sexeh purple! I've been neglecting my purple polishes for awhile, but no longer! Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie was my first high end polish and my first kinda sorta "indie" polish. RBL's are known for usually having a good formula and "hidden" shimmer. Luckily for me, the shimmer in this one isn't too hidden. RBL Scrangie was released in 2009 in a collection that was created in a collaboration with the bloggers they were named after. Scrangie says in her post about it here that she was inspired by a beetle shell or butterfly wing when collaborating with Ji from RBL.

Now, I got this in a swap through pure luck over a year ago, not knowing how gorgeous or hard to get it would be. I don't know if I'd ever being able to lay down $18 for any of the Rescue Beauty Lounge colors out of my own pocket, the only two I have, I swapped for. So this is one of the only posts you'll ever see me do for RBL, if you want more, check out my buddy Rach's blog, Stuff I Swatched, she has a bunch.

I like it because it's A) Purple B) Duochrome C) awesoommmmeee. The base is a pretty purple, a little more red than blue, with a gorgeous aqua flash, and the occasional hint of gold sparks. The formula on Scrangie is a little thin, so I did have to use four coats, but I think it was worth it! It's definitely unique in my stash.




So pretty~!

No comments:

Post a Comment