Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ciate Trio swatches

Been away awhile again. I wanted to show you all what I've been up to. First up, I got a trio of Ciate polishes from Sephora in JC Penney the other day while I was scavenging for $7 Illamasquas. They caught my eye because they looked like versions of MAC Bad Fairy. One a brighter pink with glitter, one duller duochrome, and one a gold green shimmer with pink glitter. After swatching them, I'm not really thrilled, and they might have to go back. $25 for three mini polishes is pretty bonkers. But I've swatched two of them here for you. The third, Heirloom, was basically like Orly Space Cadet without the teal base, just purpley pink brown.

Ciate Love Letters, two coats over two coats of a Chelsea grey. Pretty duochrome, but basically like Sally Hansen Lava with extra hexes in fuschia and light copper.



And Ciate Antique Broach, one thin coat over Sinful Sugar Rush.



Over all, decent formula, pretty colors, but not worth $25. The only unique aspect of these is the addition of multiple sizes of hex glitters to brighten up the polish. I don't mind the glitters, I was afraid they would get too covered in the shimmer and get that frosty look. But  also didn't think there was enough contrast between the shimmer and glitter. Meh.

3 comments:

  1. You do beautiful swatches! I've had me eye on these but now I think I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, BOO. I'm sorry you didn't like them! At least you know where to go to get your money back. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sսperb post however I աas wondering iff you coulԁ write a litte moore on this subject?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elablrate a little bit further.
    Thank you!

    my site proper way to install new construction windows

    ReplyDelete