Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dior Shadow NOTD

Hello! Finally got moved in and settled in to my new apartment that I'm sharing with Stuff I Swatched's Rachel. One of the first things we did as roommates was to do a Dior haul. I've never purchased anything from Dior and this is one of my first high end polishes. But when I saw the pictures of Dior Shadow I knew I had to have it. Dusty dark purple base with orange and red shimmer? Yes please!


The formula on this polish was pretty good, just leaning sliiightly into the thick side, but covered almost completely in one coat. I still did three coats for depth. This is also my first time using a Dior polish brush and I think there was a bit of a learning curve there. The brush was more rounded than I'm used to. But overall I love the smoky mysteriousness of this polish. I think it will be awesome for fall, and I definitely felt super chic and awesome while I was wearing it. Depending on the lighting, this color went from looking super dark almost dusty grey, to reddish violet in brighter light. I LOVE IT. I apologize for the less than awesome pictures, by the time I got to take pics of this mani, I'd already done a lot of unpacking and scuffed my nails a bit.





Shadow is an exclusive Dior shade for Nordstrom, and was released as part of their Les Violets Hypnotiques collection during Nordstrom's anniversary sale.This one is sold out at a lot of stores, but you can still order it on the Dior website for $23!

2 comments: